I get asked a lot about my favorite HR conference to attend. I have a few that I really love, but one of my all-time favorites is The HR Technology Conference! The HR Tech Conference runs September 10-14th in Las Vegas.
So, why do I love it so much?
1. HR Tech has a half-day event called Women in HR Technology. It’s beyond awesome and powerful! They started this before #MeToo and #TimesUp. Just like technology, LRP was ahead of the curve in seeing this as an important issue and the content is so strong!
2. Discovering the Next Great HR Technology Company. This is a “Voice-style” competition where companies with new technology in every function of HR get a chance for the title of Next Great HR Tech Company! You get to see great new tech, in a fast-paced pitch environment, and the audience helps decide the outcome!
3. Great Keynotes. Dirty Job’s Mike Rowe is one of the keynotes for the 2018 HR Tech Conference. He’s awesome! Also, Facebook’s Randi Zuckerburg will speak on future consumer trends, and how it impacts us in HR and Recruiting.
4. I’m Speaking! Okay, it’s me and my friend Shaunda Zilich, and we’ll be co-presenting on Real-life Recruitment Marketing: A guide to attracting great talent.
5. The Expo! The HR Technology Conference expo hall is Disneyland for anyone with an interest in the future of all things HR, and for folks with a general interest in technology! I would come to the HR Tech conference just to walk through the expo hall and see all the cool stuff we have at our fingertips in HR! You can actually register just for the expo!
6. The Startup Pitchfest. 30 of the top HR Tech Startups square off against each other to compete for bragging rights, but also a great prize that will help them in their efforts as the move from startup to the Next Great HR Technology! JUNE 29TH is the Deadline to enter! I’m one of the judges!
What I love about the HR Technology Conference is that you can be at any level of your HR tech knowledge, from novice to expert, and you’ll find things that are designed specifically for you. When I started going I was definitely a novice and I was like a sponge! Now, I’m at a higher level and I’m still blown away at each conference with how HR and TA are evolving!
The folks at LRP, the company who produces The HR Technology Conference, have given me a discount code I can pass along to you! Use the code #TSackett18 and you’ll get $300 off the price of registration!
It’s the best HR conference in Vegas you’ll go to all year!
The Weekly Dose – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on The Weekly Dose – just send me a note – firstname.lastname@example.org
Want help with your HR & TA Tech company – send me a message about my HR Tech Advisory Board experience.