Right now, we could all use a good reason to celebrate – and I have a great one:
National Customer Service Week!
This year, National Customer Service Week is October 5th through 9th. (Maybe not so coincidentally, it’s also my birthday!) Besides giving us a much-needed dose of positivity, NCSW also provides opportunities to build your brand – and your business.
How is your staffing firm planning to capitalize on it?
If you’ve never heard of NCSW before, or if you need ideas for how to celebrate this week-long event, keep reading.
- National Customer Service Week (NCSW) is an international celebration of the importance of customer service.
- In 1992, the U.S. Congress proclaimed NCSW an official national event to be celebrated each year during the first full week of October.
- The Customer Service Group sponsors the official Customer Service Week program, providing information, support materials and inspirational stories from service and support professionals across the country.
- Each year, thousands of public and private sector organizations of all sizes join in the celebration. And so should yours!
Ideas to celebrate NCWS:
- Make “thank you” calls to clients. Get in touch with your customers for the simple purpose of thanking them for their business. It’s a small gesture that’s unexpected and demonstrates your shareworthy service in action. While you’re on the call, ask this simple question: “What more could we do to make working with us even better?”
- Thank your temporaries, too. Whether it’s via hand-written notes, personalized emails or even text, reach out to your associates to thank them for the great service they provide for client employers.
- Hold a virtual customer appreciation event. Sites like Kapow make it easy and affordable to plan a virtual appreciation experience in honor of NCWS.
- Highlight people and stories. Customer service is all about taking great care of people – and creating great customer experiences. Collect success stories (e.g., testimonials, case studies, employee profiles) that chronicle the ways your staffing firm delivers shareworthy service. Publish them on your blog, in your company newsletter, on your intranet or on your website.
- Publicize your amazing customer service metrics. In an earlier post, I discussed the importance of tracking your Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Effort Score (CES), and Customer Retention Rate. If you’re doing a great job in any of these areas (for example, if you’ve received a Best of Staffing® Client or Talent Award from ClearlyRated), now is the perfect time to let everyone know. Communicate key statistics both internally and externally, so employees, clients, candidates, vendors and the general public knows how important customer service is to your organization.
- Don’t stop on October 9th. National Customer Service Week may only be celebrated one week per year, but your celebration and recognition efforts don’t have to! Make a year-round commitment to: raising the bar on your service metrics; gathering customer service success stories; thanking clients and candidates; and recognizing the achievements of every employee who plays a role in customer service.
Need NCSW inspiration or want to learn more?
Drop us a line! We’d love to brainstorm brand- and business-boosting ways your firm can celebrate NCSW.
The post How Will Your Staffing Firm Celebrate National Customer Service Week? appeared first on Haley Marketing Group.
The post How Will Your Staffing Firm Celebrate National Customer Service Week? appeared first on HR Tech Feed.