How to Not Screw Up Predictions (when you’re working with AI and Intelligent Tools)

How to Not Screw Up Predictions (when you’re working with AI and Intelligent Tools)
Read Time1 Minute, 2 Second

“One of the best things about predictions is that they tell you how often they will be wrong. If there is only a 10% chance of rain, you probably won’t take an umbrella. But one in ten times, you will still get wet. You will be surprised since there was a 90% chance of sun. But the prediction was correct.”
- Heather Bussing

  How to Not Screw Up Predictions
(when you’re working with AI and Intelligent Tools)

 

One of the best things about predictions is that they tell you how often they will be wrong. If there is only a 10% chance of rain, you probably won’t take an umbrella. But one in ten times, you’ll still get wet. You will be surprised since there was a 90% chance of sun. But the prediction was correct.

 

HR Tech increasingly employs intelligent software or AI with a central promise of predicting what might happen next. These systems offer predictions about whether a job ad will be effective, whether a candidate will be a good hire, what turnover rates to expect by role or department, and even whether an individual employee is thinking about leaving.
 

The post How to Not Screw Up Predictions (when you’re working with AI and Intelligent Tools) appeared first on HR Tech Feed.